Labels

7.10.2010

Less than $1.25 a day will buy you.......

....the joy in knowing you TOUCHED a young child's life. I am blessed to be the sponsor of Sergio David Rodas in Honduras. He is 11 years old and is precious! His birthday was in March so I sent extra money that month so they could buy him something as a gift. I will admit, I was a little skeptical that the money wouldn't reach him in the way of a wrapped toy with a bow but I had hope. It wasn't until yesterday when I received this letter that I realized that hope is all it takes to change the world! Here is the translation from Spanish:

Hello my dear sponsor, Megan Walker. How are you? I hope to God that you are well. I am really happy and grateful to God and to you for blessing my life. It made me really happy to receive the football, the 2 t-shirts and socks. Thank you. May God bless your life more and more. I always play with my little brother Cesar. I thank God for allowing me to be part of the student center. I ask that you pray for me and my family always. Receive many kisses and hugs from my part. I bid you farewell with much love and affection. I also send you a photo of me receiving the gift at the project. God bless you. -Sergio



Um, can you say PRECIOUS?!!?

1 comment:

  1. "i hope to God you are well" dramatic. a boy after my own heart. :-)

    You're awesome, Megan! Totally changing his life!

    ReplyDelete